A Work in Progress by Connor Franta || Book Review || Blogmas Day 4

(image credit: simon & schuster)





I am pretty sure that everyone knows who Connor Franta is. If you don't - he is one of the most famous American vloggers. 

I first heard of him a few years back when he did one of his collabs with Marcus Butler but I really hadn't watched much of his content since. 

His book A Work in Progress came up in my Goodreads recommended list and I decided to give it a shot putting aside the commonly met prejudice surrounding vloggers that release books. 

Well,  I have to say this book is amazing. It is a collection of essays and short stories and while they are not very long (few pages each) I personally found a lot of food for thought in the lines. Connor speaks of his childhood, his family, his creative journey; he encourages people to broaden their horizons and to try to live in the moment because let's face it - we are always busy thinking about tomorrow. 

I didn't know that one of his passions is photography (I didn't follow him on Instagram before I read the book) and reading the stories and seeing the different images he attached to them made me feel even more connected, which is awesome. 

Personally, I think that the book is a really good read and I would definitely recommend you checking it out (even if you are prejudiced). 

As I said, the book gave me a lot of food for thought and I try to follow some of the advice given in there. I definitely think it is one of the best books I've read so far in 2016. 

My Rating: 5/5 
Average Rating on Goodreads : 4.43/5