The Loss of Inspiration || Thoughts || Blogmas Day 8




This post will be more like a diary entry rather than a review or tips or whatever, so if you're not into that, I am by no means forcing you to keep reading. 

Sometimes shit happens in your life and it traumatizes you and something of the sort happened to me some years ago and I shut myself off completely. It's taken me years to get to where I am today and I am sure it will take more time for me to be a fully functional human being again but I'm getting there. 

This post is dedicated to my inspiration. 
I am a very visual person, I love taking pictures, I love visualizing things, I love creating boards with concepts, I love following themes (like a nude/white very instagram-y theme that is going on my fashion tumblr). I loved and poured my heart and soul into my blogs, and if you are a creative person, I am sure you feel me. 

And if you are a creative person I am sure you have lost your inspiration more than once. Well, I feel like I've had sparks of inspiration now and again for the past few years but today I was scrolling through British Vogue and it hit me to the very core of my bones how much I miss being properly creative. I miss getting excited over concepts and tossing and turning late at night in bed because my head will explode from a million ideas. I miss having this passion in my life and I am deeply sadden that it has taken me that long to realize what's truly going on. 

If you're a creative person that has lost their inspiration, please don't despair. It sucks but it will pass, I promise. 

Find your inspiration source. What motivates you to work harder, what are you aiming for? What gets you super excited? 

When I was in high school I wanted to be a fashion designer and so I surrounded myself with magazines and books and I would always watch either Fashion TV or would have on repeat either Gossip Girl or The Victoria Secret Fashion show. Tumblr was my go-to place for inspiration and I even to this day I love scrolling back through my archive there (I've had that blog since 2010). 

I am not 100% sure what I want to do with my life now, but reading and watching films and different TV shows inspires me a lot. I've been slacking on taking pictures but scrolling through the magazines today definitely inspired me. 

The question is what inspires you?