Marathon on This (TV Edition) #1 || Blogmas Day 7



We are halfway to the weekend and I have a few Netflix/Short-TV show recommendations for you, in case you are looking for a new show to watch! 

The Crown

The Crown is one of the latest additions to Netflix - it has only one season so far and it tells the story of the late reign of King George VI and the early reign of Queen Elizabeth II. I absolutely loved watching it, the casting is brilliant and I learned a lot, so if you like history or you simply want to learn something new, definitely give this show a try.



Jessica Jones

I must admit I am not very familiar with the comic books that follow Jessica Jones' story BUT the TV show was absolutely fantastic. It came out last year (around Thanksgiving, I think) and it follows the story of Jessica's struggle to get rid of Kilgrave. I love, love, love this show and I can't wait for more seasons (and also for the Defenders) to come out.



Agent Carter

I am still not over the fact that this show was cancelled, but the two seasons that it has are absolutely worth watching. Margaret 'Peggy' Carter was one of the most prominent agents of the SSR and she was Steve Rogers' (Captain America)'s sweetheart. Peggy was first introduced to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Captain America: The First Avenger and I've had the biggest girl crush on her since then. (If you need more Hailey Atwell in your life watch Conviction). 



Luke Cage

I am pretty sure you must have heard of Luke Cage by now. He was first introduced in Jessica Jones but he got his own show and he will participate in The Defenders (which is awesome), and once again I am not very familiar with the comic book story but the essence of the show is - What happens with the world (and especially in Harlem) when there is a black bulletproof man. Honestly, this show is fantastic and you need it in your life.



The White Queen 

I am finishing this post with one of my all-time favorite shows and that's the White Queen. The TV series is based on three of Philippa Gregory's novels (The White Queen, The Red Queen and the Kingmaker's daughter), it has 10 episodes and I absolutely can't stop raving about it even 2 years on. I even recently reviewed the books. The show ignited a spark of love for this historical period in me and I love reading more and more on this period. It's beautifully done, amazing cast, just overall brilliant and I never stop recommending it!