Christmas-y Movies || Blogmas Day 9

Hi, there! I'm not Allie, but it was with great joy I accepted her invitation to have a guest post in her blog for this sweet Blogmas season. We've been friends for years now, but I didn't really get into blogging until a couple months ago, so I consider this an outstanding sign of trust.
It made me really, really happy that Allie trusted her blog to me, but at the same time, it scared the hell out of this gal. I usually blog about two things: films and beauty (mostly nail art); and since this blog has nothing to do with beauty (other than how lovely the Allie is), I decided to go for the film theme.

Christmas is coming, and soon Christmas break will be knocking on our doors; and I don't know about you, but, to me, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without an handful of films I watch almost religiously every year, and I didn't even notice how odd it would be for me to spend my Christmas break and not watch one of those, even if not completely, until I got started on this post.
It's not a very long list, but these movies have the kind of impact in one's life that I can't simply ignore. This post brings you that list, in no specific order.





Home Alone (1990) trailer
I'm pretty sure this one is an international tradition. Every year, some TV channel will play this masterpiece, that's for sure. We all grew up watching this film (or any of its sequels) on Christmas, or around it, and we might as well accept that our holidays wouldn't feel as Christmas-y without it.
I'm not sure which one it was, but I remember perfectly that the first movie ever I watched in a theater was one of the Home Alone saga. I'd dare to say it was this one even, and the only thing holding me back is the fact that I wasn't born until 1993, but, back then, Portugal was like 20 years late to the USA party in every aspect, and I'm pretty sure that that show was some special occasion, so it really wouldn't surprise me if almost a decade later I'd still be able to find this movie in some theater. Then again, I wasn't even old enough to read, so this could be my mind playing tricks on me. Either way, I will love this movie to the grave and no one can stop me.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) • trailer
From the imagination of Tim Burton comes the movie no one knows whether to watch on Halloween or Christmas, which is exactly why I will watch it any time in between. This usually means some time during the first week of Christmas break, because ain't nobody got time for that while in university.
This movie brings together some of my favorite things in life: Halloween, Christmas, Tim Burton's weird imagination, and marvelous characters; and it's a stop motion musical, which obviously means I would admire it even if it wasn't as amazing.
Contrary to the previous one, I didn't grow up with this movie, but I did fall in love with it the moment I saw it the first time, which was sometime during my teenage years, I can't recall exactly when. I have loved Tim Burton since the very first time I watched his work, and to this day he is still one of my favorite film makers; and honestly, I don't think that will ever change.

Harry Potter (saga) • ultimate trailer
Now, I don't know if this is a fairly local trend, but every year one of the free TV channels will definitely play all Harry Potter movies throughout a week. It used to be throughout a weekend, but then a bunch of new movies happened and it's not like they can shove all eight movies in a weekend without hurting their usual shows.
Now, I don't really watch these movies on the TV, because they dubbed them and I'd rather rip my eyes out than having to watch my sweet British characters speak Portuguese, but all the ads always remind me to watch them, so I end up trying to find some time to watch at least one of the Harry Potter movies. These I did grow up with, as did Allie, and I do love them enough to be a proud Slytherin.
As for Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them and its following movies, they will certainly join the HP Marathon sooner or later, but they're not there yet and therefore not included in the title.

The HobbitLord Of The Rings (sagas) • ultimate trailer
A lot like it happened with Harry Potter, I grew up on Christmas LotR Marathons, provided by one of the channels that wouldn't dare to dub it (so these I would actually watch on the television). I honestly don't know as much about this world as I could, considering the amount of time I've spent watching these movies, but I love them nonetheless (even if they're just about people walking around).
Thanks to that channel's tradition, I grew used to it, and so this saga is to be watched every Christmas season; if I can't catch it on the television, then I will surely find some other way to watch is, for Christmas isn't Christmas without Lord of the Rings.

What do you think of my list? Do you agree? Which movies can't you not watch this season?